Authoritative portable and up to date Opie’s Cardiovascular Drugs 9th Edition is the definitive reference for quick access to frequently used drugs in all phases of care for cardiac patients. Now a part of the Braunwald family of renowned cardiology references this compact title provides crucial information in an easily accessible format—ideal for cardiologists residents cardiology fellows medical students nurses and other cardiac care providers. Updated to include the latest guidelines and evidence-based implications it offers clear and concise explanations and pertinent clinical facts for all classes of cardiac drugs as well as all the latest clinical trial results and evidence for the pharmacologic treatment of heart disease.
- Uses a new, consistent format for each drug class: overview and guidelines for use, mechanisms of action, differences among drugs in class, data for use, side effects, and drug interactions.
- Covers key topics such as new ESC and NLA guidelines, advances in lipid-lowering therapy, new diabetes drugs that improve cardiovascular outcomes, obesity drugs and cardiovascular and metabolic effects, drugs targeting inflammation, and combinations of antithrombotic therapies with analysis of risk-benefit.
- Provides guidance on how to effectively manage comorbid diseases.
- Contains dozens of unique “Opiegram diagrams that demystify complex mechanisms of action and other drug processes—many updated to reflect current pathologic understanding of mechanisms.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices