Ophthalmology residents are faced with learning a highly complex subspecialty; proper training and education are critical to their success. Practical Ophthalmology, A Manual for Beginning Residents helps residents gain confidence and specific knowledge in the early transition to becoming skilled practitioners. This updated edition includes:
- Thorough coverage of the ophthalmic examination
- A comprehensive discussion of ocular emergencies
- Common ocular medications
- 240 photographs, diagrams and tables
- Stepwise instructions for 54 specific examination and testing techniques
- 20+ new videos and interactive activities, accessible to both eBook and print users
Practical Ophthalmology, A Manual for Beginning Residents is part of a suite of Academy textbooks for ophthalmology residents and trainees that helps them build a solid foundation of clinical and surgical knowledge. These resources are written and edited by leading residency program directors and are powerful tools for mastering needed skills.